|Occupation||Television writer and producer and Creative Consultant|
Scully initially worked as a TV salesman before eventually getting a job writing on Out of This World. After the show was canceled, Scully was unemployed for over a year but a residual payment of $20,000 for Out of This World reruns helped pay his health insurance costs after his wife gave birth to their premature child. He has written episodes for The Simpsons (such as "Lost Our Lisa") and Complete Savages. He has produced The Drew Carey Show and The Pitts. He is the older brother of long-time The Simpsons writer and showrunner Mike Scully, and has a second brother called Neil. He currently works on Family Guy as a writer and consulting producer.
The Simpsons episodes
Brian Scully wrote the following episodes for The Simpsons:
- "Lost Our Lisa" - May 10, 1998
- "Sunday, Cruddy Sunday" (co-written with Tom Martin, George Meyer, and Mike Scully) - January 31, 1999
- "Make Room for Lisa" - February 28, 1999
Family Guy episodes
Brian Scully wrote the following episodes for Family Guy:
- "I Dream of Jesus" - October 5, 2008
- "Big Man on Hippocampus" - January 3, 2010
- "Friends of Peter G." - February 13, 2011
- "Leggo My Meg-O" - May 6, 2012
- "Bigfat" - April 14, 2013
- "Vestigial Peter" - October 6, 2013
- Verrier, Richard (2007-10-15). "Residuals Key Issue in Writing Negotiations". Los Angeles Times.
- "BBC - Programmes categorised as Comedy". BBC.
- "Cries & whispers too interesting to ignore - Life can be cartoon material". Union-News. 1999-12-06. p. A02.
- Breneman, John (2007-07-22). "No place like Homer Massachusetts scribe Mike Scully tells of work on 'Simpsons Movie'". Boston Herald.
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help WikiDaily by expanding it.|
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help WikiDaily by expanding it.|
|This Simpsons-related article is a stub. You can help WikiDaily by expanding it.|